ChemDraw, Install, Error, Repair, Windows
Reinstalling ChemDraw after removing a previous installation can show the following error if the software was not completely uninstalled:
This can happen if you only uninstalled part of the software or only delete the files from the Program Files folder.
To resolve this issue, try going to Programs and Features in your Control Panel. If you are using the Category view, go "Uninstall a program" under the Programs category.
Once there, try uninstalling all ChemOffice components before trying to install the new version.
If you get an error or the application cannot be uninstalled , please follow these steps using the installer for the version you want to remove:
1. ChemDraw will provide a path to extract it when you double-click the EXE file. Change the default path to have the content extracted somewhere else. Then just go to that custom folder and look for the \PerkinElmer\ChemOffice folder.
2. Once the files are extracted, close or cancel the installer and navigate to the custom folder just created.
3. Open the ChemOffice folder and right-click the MSI installer:
4. Use the Repair option if you will be installing the same version. Use Uninstall to remove the previous versions. Repeat the process for all other MSI installation files on the ChemOffice folder.
5. Once completed, try installing the new version if you used the uninstall option on step 4.
NOTE: If you have a free trial and purchase the software for the same version, there is no need to uninstall the trial. Just add your activation code when prompted for it, or by going to Help > Activate ChemDraw.