IMPORTANT: Please adhere to the following instructions to ensure access of your users to Signals Notebook is maintained. Not doing so will cause access for all users to be lost. We believe the steps described in this message are straightforward but advanced planning is required.
Background: Following the divestiture earlier this year, Revvity is contractually obligated to discontinue all use of the “PerkinElmer” name in its products. We embrace this, as the new Revvity brand is a symbol of our new corporate identity. One key requirement of this is to change your Signals Notebook URL. We consider this update to be a “once in a lifetime” event, and want to provide all the support and information necessary to ensure a smooth transition. With this in mind, we kindly ask that you identify key personnel who can manage this transition on behalf of your users and organization.
The timeline within these instructions are tailored to customers of Signals Notebook and Signals Research Suite Standard All other guidance is general to all customers regardless of the specific product offering. We will additionally be providing a separate communication to all Signals Notebook E3 & Private Cloud customers.
What you should do now (Admins):
- URL(s): Identify which URL(s) you use to access Signals Notebook. Note that you may have multiple URL(s) or domains. These can be identified via SNConfig/Authentication. Examine the table below to understand what your new URL(s) will be.
- Authentication: Identify if you use an External IdP for authentication on any of your domains. If so, identify the relevant IdP administrator within your organization who will need to help create new certificates etc.
- Integrations: Identify what integrations have been built against Signals Notebook and the key contacts to update those integrations with the new endpoint URLs and API keys. Identify if you use SCIM endpoints for user management, if so contact our Support team to get a new key.
- Whitelisting: If you use a web security gateway applications and whitelist our URLs you will need to update your whitelisting to include the new URLs. This includes the tenant URLs indicated below, but also operational URLs that are used for the successful operation of the application. Specifically if you do whitelist URLs you should add login.srp.revvitycloud.com and webdav.* (e.g. webdav.signalsresearch.revvitycloud.com). For more information on whitelisting URLs please see here. Additionally if you whitelist incoming emails from the application, please also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist.
- End users: Plan to communicate the URL changes to your end user community.
- Special cases: Identify any unique behaviors that might exist within your organizations. This would include items such as creation of “vanity” URLs for login or firewall.
- Spotfire/Signals Research Suite: To update the Spotfire integration please follow the additional instructions here.
- Bearer Token Exchange: The Client ID and all other configuration will remain the same. Any integrations will need to be updated to use the updated External API URLs, and once these are deployed users will be forced to re-authenticate to establish new short term tokens. If you have a long term bearer token you will need to request a new token from us, in which case please contact our support team.
What you should do now (End Users):
- URL(s): If you have browser bookmarks saved to log into Signals Notebook, create duplicate bookmarks with the new URL. Start using the new URLs as soon as they are available to identify any unexpected issues as early as possible.
- Today: Communication of your new Signals Notebook URL(s) (not yet activated).
December 2023: Activation of your new “Revvity” Signals Notebook URL(s) as part of the “23.10” release. The existing “PerkinElmer” URL will continue to work in parallel.
- Once this is done we can retire your existing “PerkinElmer” URLs at any time and encourage you to contact our Support team as soon as you are ready to ask us to do so.
- Late March 2024: De-activation of existing “PerkinElmer” URLs.
Communication: All users and administrators must be notified in advance, so they know where to login to and when.
- Users who have browser bookmarks should be encouraged to set up new bookmarks pointing to your new URL(s)
Identity Provider (IdP) Update for Authentication: Many of our customers have integrated Signals Notebook with a corporate IdP so that username/password authentication is done through that system. These systems have “pointers” to Signals Notebook and therefore must be updated. We encourage you to make the update and test as soon as applicable according to the timeline listed above. This step is very important as it ties to the users’ ability to login to the application.
- If your IdP provides a common app SSO dashboard, these links will need to be updated
- If a given domain uses “Signals Authentication” then no further changes beyond the URL change will be needed.
Integration Updates: Integrations of external applications with Signals Notebook must be updated to ensure continued connectivity. Steps for this are as follows:
- Catalog all such applications and updates required (do this as soon as possible)
- Generate a new Signals Notebook API key after the new URLs are issued, according to the timeline listed above
- Update external applications to point to the new URLs and use the new key, according to the timeline listed above
- If you are using the SCIM interface, please contact us for a new long-term key
- Any IP restriction set up on a current domain will be replicated on the equivalent new domain
- Our back end IP addresses, sometime used to limit communication within integrations, will not change
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.