Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
On-Demand Temp Table creation may fail for some Data Source types due to NULL in the column_list
Working with Information Services Data Source templates, for the create-temp-table command used to create temporary tables, the default format for the $$column_list$$ is ("VALUE" INTEGER NULL) for an integer value. If the particular data source does not support this use of NULL (an example of this is TEIID, which defaults to NULL and only accepts the option NOT NULL), then a sql-filter can be used to remove the NULL. A custom sql-filter class could be written, but since a class already exists that does exactly this for the SAS/SHARE data source that is included out-of-the-box with Spotfire, that existing sql-filter class - com.spotfire.ws.im.ds.sql.sassharenet.SASSQLFilter - can be reused in the following way:
- Start the TIBCO Spotfire Server Configuration Tool.
- Under the Configuration Tab, select Data Source Templates, and then the particular Data Source Template you want to edit
- Now add the custom sql-filter to the Data Source template, by adding the following row anywhere within the <jdbc-type-settings> section:
The end result should look something like this:
- Save the configuration
- Restart the Spotfire Server
- Re-save any Data Source(s) that are using this template.