Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to enable a Web Player URL in a TIBCO Spotfire Analyst.
If you have a greyed out Web Player URL in the bookmark section as shown in attached image (Filename: WebPlayer URL missing from BookMark.JPG) or inside a Library tab of the Document Properties as shown in attached image (Filename: WebPlayer URL inside Document Properties is Absent.JPG), it means you have not enabled the Web Player preference.
For Spotfire 7.0 and below: Steps to enable/change Web player URL:
1) In your TIBCO Spotfire Analyst/Client, log in as Administrator. Go to Tools Menu >> Administration Manager.
2) Open the preferences Tab. Select "Everyone" group on the left tree. You can select other groups too but setting the Everyone group makes it default for every user.
3) Hit the Edit Button at the bottom right of the Window. Expand the Application Node present in the left side tree and select Application Preferences.
4) You will see DxpLibraryWebURL and inside it specify a URL to the analysis in the Web Player.
5) Click the "OK" button and then "Close". Restart your Spotfire Analyst/Client for the preference to take effect.
For Spotfire Version 7.5: In Spotfire 7.5 version, the above mention setting is removed. TIBCO Spotfire Analyst does not use the public endpoint/address.In this case, the installed Analyst client will only use the host name of the Spotfire Server when generating absolute URLs.
For Spotfire Version 7.6 and above: You can also explicitly provide a public address/endpoint which will be used when generating absolute URLs. It should always be configured and enabled if Spotfire Server is accessed through a load balancer or reverse proxy. To do this use the config-public-address (7.8 and later) or the config-public-endpoint (7.7 and 7.6) config tool command.
For example: config config-public-address --enabled=true --url="http://serverAlias"
This will result in URLs like: http://serverAlias/spotfire/wp/OpenAnalysis?file=/myFolder/myReport TIBCO Spotfire 7.0,Section 3.9 URL Preference inside the link - https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire_webp/7.0.2/doc/pdf/TIB_sfire_webp_7.0.2_installation.pdf
TIBCO Spotfire Server 7.8 Installation and Administration Manual: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/7.8.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/GUID-605CF80A-A748-4FBF-B506-5529565CE62D.html