- Select the "Activate or deactivate by uploading a file" option under More Options and click on the "Activate" button. You will be prompted to save a local .BIN file to some location you choose (e.g., your Desktop). Then close the Activation Dialog. Continue installing the software to completion, if you haven't done so already.
- Navigate to the following website: https://perkinelmer.flexnetoperations.com and log in. Once logged in, select Devices > Offline Device Management.
3. Select the "Generate license" option, select Browse and navigate to your .BIN file, and then select "Open". Then select "Upload" to upload this .BIN file.
4. A message will appear at the top. Select it to download the new license file.
5. Rename the “capabilityResponse.bin” file received to “Response.bin”.
6. The “Response.BIN” file should be placed in the folder (for example for v21):
C:\ProgramData\PerkinElmerInformatics\FNE\21.0 (for Windows) or
/Users/Shared/com.perkinelmer.chemdraw.21/FNE (for Mac) on the hard drive.
**If you cannot see the C:\Program Data folder, please make sure the option to show hidden items is enabled on your file explorer:
7. Then relaunch the software and the activation should take place automatically.
Note: The bin files used in this process are specific to the computer where they are generated. If you need to activate multiple computers using this method you will need to generate and upload one file for each computer.